Sunday, March 31, 2013

Diigo

Diigo seems like a really awesome tool. I definitely have always wanted a tool to be able to highlight and annotate the information that I consume on the internet, it has been frustrating to not be able to do that because I end up losing information or not remembering some of the things that I have found. I really like the tagging that is available on Diigo, it seems like a much more efficient way to organize book mark. I also think it is awesome that you can mark things as unread and keep of list of them ready to access. Tagging also seems like a great way to be able to collaborate with other educators. I found the tag edchat to be really interesting and useful. Similarly, the ability to tag and share those tags would be great for compiling links for teachers, for instance if a history teacher asked you to help her find some primary sources for WWII, you could easily find and tag websites that have that content and then direct her to the tag.

I also think Diigo is a great professional development tool. While I browsed I found evidence of so many educator related tags and articles. It is a wealth of information that is easily accessed and categorized.

I will definitely be using Diigo's annotation tools and tagging tools and look forward to using it to share links with teachers when I have a library of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment