Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Library Thing

I really like Library Thing, many moons ago I had a Library Thing account and I couldn't seem to find it to revive it. It is too bad because it might be fun to go sort through some of the books I was reading back then. That is one of the coolest things about Library Thing, I don't know about you but I have a really hard time keeping track of all of the books I have read. Just the other week I borrowed a book from my mom's library, started reading it only to realize that I had read it already! Library Thing is a great tool for remembering what you read as well as keeping track of what you read. I think it is a great idea to put a widget like this on your school blog so that your students know what you have been reading.

 Another really good way to use Library Thing is to see what other librarians are reading that maybe you haven't been introduced to yet. It is a minor form of collaboration if you think about it, through the review function you can figure out what sort of content is in it as well as if it is a good book or not.

You can find my Library Thing account here.

No comments:

Post a Comment