Sunday, April 21, 2013

Podcast

You can find the podcast I listened to here. The podcast I listened to was about blogging in the classroom. A junior high music teacher told about her experience using a blog to further discussion in her classroom. Ever since I read about blogging on The Mighty Little Librarian's blog I have been thinking about it and trying to find out more about it so this podcast was perfect for me. She talks about how it was a great way to continue the conversation they were having in class to another venue. She also talks about how people who won't speak up are much more willing to in a an online environment. Another thing she talks about is incentivizing the kids with extra credit points or making the blog an assignment. A great thing about this podcast was that she gives tips for implemenation at the end of it, which is kind of what I was looking for. She also gives a link to her blog so you can see what she did (you can find that here). It is really interesting to see the way the students interact with each other and how she moderates the comments. This podcast was a great way for me to see how exactly blogging could effectively be used in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment