Saturday, April 20, 2013

Thing 14 Blogs

I had a lot of fun exploring the different library blogs on the different blog lists. The first blog I decided to follow is called Mighty Little Librarian . This middle school librarian does all sorts of awesome things in her library and documents them on her very thorough blog. Some of the things I noticed that she blogs about are book reviews , library programs, and collaboration. She has some really awesome ideas for how to get kids coming to the library and how to work with teachers. I loved her "Who is your book crush" display in her library for valentines day. The second blog I decided to follow is called Venn Librarian: Reflections about the intersection of schools, library, and technology. She talks a lot about the implications technology has on school libraries as well as education. There also seem s to be a lot of professional development resources on her blog which I really like. One of the blog posts that stood out to me was about learning commons, which was very helpful as I am in the final stages of creating my virtual learning commons for Stillwater library. There are some really great ideas on her blog, one of which is a mother daughter book club. I am interviewing for a middle school librarian job on Monday and it is relatively close to the school my mom works at, I think having our schools do a mother daughter book club together would be so much fun! I guess I never thought of library blogs being a good resource and this has opened my eyes to the idea that following blogs is a great way to not only keep up on recent news but also get great ideas for library programs and collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment