Sunday, April 21, 2013

Reflection

I admit, at the beginning of the semester I looked at this assignment and thought it would be too easy for me. I consider myself to be pretty adept at technology and a lot of the things listed I had already done before. I was very pleased to discover that no only did I manage to learn some new things, but I also got a refresher on some of the things I had done before but not for a while. I also really appreciated the opportunities I had to help my classmates out with some of the things they were struggling with. It was very satisfying to me to be able to help them solve some of the problems they were having, even when I didn't initially know how to solve them myself. I feel like this experience has given me an insight into what it might be like working with some of the teachers at a school. I have realized how much I really enjoy using technology in an educational setting and how useful it can be in regards to being a teacher librarian.

 Just to summarize I thought I would write down some of the things I plan on using once I acquire a position at a school (interview tomorrow!! cross your fingers for me!).

 Twitter: This is probably the one that has surprised me the most. I have always thought of Twitter as a facebook's more vain counterpart. It never really seemed like something that would be useful or enriching. After exploring a little I realized what a benefit it could be especially when it comes to collaborating with other librarians. I really liked discovering the #tlchat, which I plan on keeping up with as well as participating in.

 Diigo: I have already started using Diigo! I love love love being able to highlight webpages!! It is so convenient and helps me remember a lot more information. I also really like the tagging and sharing tools and it seems like that will be a great way to share information with teachers.

 Skype: The idea of using Skype to do author visits is awesome! I can't wait to try and organize something like this. What a great tool to help kids find a deeper connection with the books they read. I also really like the idea of using the group chat feature to collaborate.

 I have really enjoyed doing this project and look forward to using the skills I have gained to improve myself as a librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment